Thursday, July 7, 2016

July 4th weekend fun

Long weekends are my favorite, especially when both Matt and I had most of Friday off too! 

Morgan and I kicked off Friday morning by going to the office for a few hours for me to do inventory. Not my idea of fun, but it had to be done! I was going to run errands afterwards but Morgan fell asleep as soon as I got her in the car, so homeward bound it was. We spent the rest of the day doing laundry, vacuuming, and waiting for my parents to arrive. Mom and dad offered to come down for the night so Matt and I could celebrate our 3rd anniversary! Matt was home around 2 to knock out yard work and my parents got here around 3:30 and we all just hung out until our dinner reservations at 7. Dinner ended up being super quick, so we hopped over to the Columbia outlet for a bit before heading home. We made it back by 9-- we're real party animals! My mom offered to get up with Morgan during the night, which ended up being amazinggg. Matt and I slept so good!


Saturday morning dad and Matt headed to play golf while mom and I hung out at home. Mom offered to watch Morgan so I could run, and I took her up on it. Scout and I did 2.26 miles to kick off July! We got ready and then met the boys at Chipotle for lunch, then mom and I hit up the outlets for a few sales. They left shortly after we got back and Matt and I had a quiet evening at home.


Sunday morning Meagan, McKenzie, Steven, Caylee, and Harper drove down for a beach day! We got to the beach around 12:30, sat around for awhile before we realized that not one of us wanted to be there, then came back home to spend the rest of the afternoon at a neighbors pool. Same kinda fun without the sandy mess! We ordered pizza for the whole gang and then they headed back home. I begged them to stay, but to no avail! 

 


Monday morning I got up and ran after I laid a grumpy, not-ready-to-be-awake-yet Morgan back down for a bit. She was in a much better mood when I got home! We all went to Matt's parents and joined up with the family for lunch and hanging out. We had some delicious ribs for lunch, followed up by homemade ice cream! Matt and I came home, laid Morgan down for the night, then proceeded to stay up too late watching a movie! 


It was a good and busy, fun-filled 3 day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment