Monday, January 25, 2016

Photo dump + our weekend

Happy Monday! Mondays are fine around here right now since going to work isn't involved :) I won't be so okay with them in a few more weeks...

So, I went on my first run in 10 weeks last Wednesday! It was rough. I knew it would be, but there was a teeny tiny thought that it might just come super easy, ha! 10 weeks is the longest I've ever taken off since really getting hooked to running my junior year in college- that was 8 years ago! And I had two knee surgeries during that time (I was back on the treadmill with sutures still in the second go around- not recommended). Anyway, I took Morgan in the stroller and she was excellent and just slept the whole way. I ran/walked two miles with her then walked one with the dogs and the neighbors kid. Since I was pretty sore the following day I didn't even attempt to go again until yesterday- ran two miles solo...and slow, but felt much better! One run at a time. 


We had a pretty chill  (and chilly) weekend around here! Friday night we made some shrimp pizza, had a fire, and watched the Blacklist. Matt was up early Saturday morning to duck hunt with Scout, so after Morgans early morning feed we both went back to sleep for a few hours. Matt and I sat around the fire for the rest of the morning and early afternoon and watched The Martian, which was pretty good! We finally showered later in the afternoon so we could head to Savannah for dinner with Cassady, Daniel, Shane, and Alissa. Morgan was a trooper and slept through most of dinner and actually had a decent night considering we messed with her schedule and weren't home until 11:15!


Sunday morning she and I were up by 7ish and made coffee and breakfast while Matt slept in- he ended up snoozing until 8:30, which is unheard of for him! We live streamed church from our iPad since we definitely weren't going to make it to the 9:15 service! Afterwards, I started on chores while he worked in the yard. He watched Morgan so I could grocery shop and then go on that run. We made a delicious dinner and were in bed at a decent hour, like usual :)



Here are a few pictures from our week, all of Morgan of course :)






No comments:

Post a Comment