Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekend adventures

Ah, the weekend is almost over...again.

Saturday morning started off with a 12-mile, easy run. Matt got here around 11 and we walked over (Matt was reluctant about the whole walking thing) to the taste of Bluffton event. It was delicious! We walked through once to see what stuck out to us and then went back through to sample our favorites. We had bacon wrapped BBQ shrimp, 2 shrimp tacos (our favorite by far), and a cup of fried shrimp. I tried some of Matt's fried oysters and was not a fan. On the way out we got a cookie and cinnamon roll from The Cottage's booth for dessert...which is where the bridal luncheon is going to be...very yum! We walked the .8 mile back home and it felt so good to walk off some of the food in our bellies...Matt was grateful I made him walk ;)


I packed a little bag then we headed up to Matt's parents house to do some kayaking. It was a beautiful day and we had our best kayaking trip yet! (though this was only our 3rd trip together). We paddled up-river about 45 minutes and then slowly floated/half heartedly paddled back. Matt's mom had a delicious dinner waiting on us when we got back and apple pie and ice cream for dessert. I fell asleep on the couch at 8:45ish and hit the bed soon thereafter. 


We went to church in Bluffton this morning, had lunch with Scott, Megan, and Chance, then came home to watch some Masters coverage and follow the Braves score on our phones. Note to South Carolina- please air more games...I miss watching my favorite sport!!! Matt left around 4, so Macie and I ran a few errands, I did a quick 4 mile run, followed by a super short and rainy walk with Pete. Ending the evening with laundry, vacuuming, and watching the exciting end to the tournament. 


I leave you with pictures of my nieces and nephews, because they're adorable. Very thankful I will be gaining 3 nephews, 2 nieces, and 3 surprises in October/November! I love, love being an aunt.




No comments:

Post a Comment