Monday, January 20, 2014

I survived.

I made it through my first week back on nights!
Wednesday night was really rough and I was in a blur for the majority of the shift. I slept until 2:45 that day, took Macie on a short walk, and did tae bo for the first time in forever. Thursday night was whoa better, except the drive home was worse. I slept until 3:15 Friday and took Macie on a long walk for my exercise...I attempted p90x's ab DVD but my quads were burning from tae bo the day before so I quit after 50 seconds. Friday night was another good night, though I was tense for most of it since I was up for 3rd admit and we got two admissions by 8:45! PS- here is a picture of my average speed getting to work every evening...there are slow drivers in SC!!


I slept until Macie and Matt got home from their hunt, about 12:15ish, then drank my weight in coffee to try and stay awake! I had my best run of the year that afternoon- a progression run (these are so hard for me!) with times of 9:15, 9:09, 8:51, and 8:47! Running is feeling so good lately. We had Panera for a late lunch/early dinner and watched The Help...love that movie!


Matt got us up way too early on Sunday and I was slightly grumpy for the first 30 minutes of the day. He made a delicious breakfast and all was forgiven :)
We went to church, did our grocery shopping (at warp speed since Matt was ready for lunch), he took off to look at some land, I ran 5 miles, we went on our weekly trip to Dick's, then watched two good football games. Sunday was over way too quickly!!

I forced myself to stay in bed until 9:30 this morning, which wasn't all that hard since I'm still kinda tired from Saturday's lack of sleep. I did another (hot) 5- mile run, walked a mile with Macie, picked up Matt's dry cleaning, and just made dinner for tonight- a delicious chicken pasta salad Megan gave me the recipe for. Yum! 


Here's looking forward to Thursday morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment