Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

Can't believe 2013 has already come and gone!

Highlights from 2013 include getting engaged, getting married, our honeymoon, Chicago, gaining two new nieces, and many, many more memories. It was a good year and I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for us :)



Here were my goals (per my post last year) for 2013

1. To read Jesus Calling, a daily devotional
2. To run the Chicago marathon (again) and set a personal record
3. I have 5 half marathons on my schedule, 3 early in the year and 2 later
4. To compete in a triathlon with Matt
5. To lose 10-15ish pounds the healthy way

And here's what I actually accomplished :)
I wrapped up Jesus Calling yesterday, somehow finishing before the new year. For the past 2 months or so I've had to do 2-3 readings per day because I slacked off in June and randomly October.
I ran in the Chicago marathon, and while I didn't PR, I was 15 minutes better than the DC marathon the year prior and only 1 minute slower than my first. I'll take it.
I did run 5 half marathons- 4 in the beginning of the year and 1 at the end.
I did not do a triathlon and I did not lose 10-15 lbs- oops.

Here are my goals for 2014-
1. To read through the Bible again. I struggle a lot with trying to do this without a reading plan, so I've printed off the same one I used the first time.
2. To lose weight- seriously, it's time to buckle down and get healthy. I eat terribly and I'm going to do better- my goal for the year is 15 pounds.
3. I have running goals- the Hat Trick in October and to continue to run halves throughout the year- I have 2 on the calendar for the beginning and 2 at the end...I'd like to add in a few more since there won't be a marathon this year.


I have other mini goals like I did last year- again, cutting out candy and sweets from my diet, cross training a little better, stretching more often (maybe yoga? doubtful), not comparing myself to others, being more positive and uplifting to those around me (mainly coworkers), and continuing to learn and grow in my new role as a wife.

 Last night was lame per New Years Eve standards; I was in bed and watching football with Matt by 9ish and was back up at 4:30 this morning! Gotta love working the holidays ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment