Monday, May 5, 2014

Hola..

Happy cinco de mayo! 
I should've made something Mexican themed for dinner tonight, but buffalo chicken pizza was the easiest on our menu for the week, so pizza it was. Oh well.

Thankful to be relaxing this Monday evening since work was off the chain...but it made the day fly by which I'm good with. I'm trying for bootcamp all 4 days this week, so it'll be an early NyQuil-induced slumber tonight ;)

On to the weekend recap, since that's where all our excitement happens!
Saturday morning I met up with Leeann and Jen for their first 10k in Savannah. Also ran into my sis-in-law, Steph, who rocked the race with her best time ever! And our friends Shane and Alissa, along with Shane's parents; always lovely to see familiar faces! After being sick all week and not running much I bonked during the run and ended up walking a good bit. I'm now attempting a 2 week running break due to multiple injuries and being sick,so lets hope I don't go crazy during this time. I just pulled out of my next half that was supposed to happen June 6th, so I'm bummed, but I also know I need to stop for a bit. 



Moving on...
After the run Matt decided he wanted play golf, so I rode with him. Nice to get outside and enjoy the weather and the husband. The alligators were out enjoying the sunshine too!



Our night was capped off with a wonderful, indulgent dinner at Truffles. Yum. And this cheesy picture was totally Matt's idea.


Sunday morning was chores, church, lunch, then 2 glorious hours at the beach. So relaxing..and what a beautiful day!! I'm quite burned today, but it was so worth it.
What a wonderful weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment