Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hey February

Wow, it's already February! January seemed to fly by.


The dogs finished Olaf off. Maybe because they didn't want him to melt? ;)

Friday night I flew out of work right at 6 to head over to Beaufort and pick up race packets for myself, Dr S, and her husband. We had decided at the very last minute to run the Chilly Bean race Saturday morning. I just needed some motivation to do a longer run, so I figured this would be perfect. 

Saturday morning we got up, Matt made a big breakfast (to celebrate no more early AM duck hunts!), then I headed out about 9:15 while he worked in the yard. The race was really supposed to be a long training run, but as usual, I got there and my competitive juices started flowing. I set my watch to do interval running (4min run, 1min walk) and I think I ended up ignoring all but two walk alarms. I ended up somehow PRing (I think) with 55:xx! I also was 2nd in my age division, which was larger than normal at 19-29. Too bad they only gave out awards to the first place folks! 


I came home, showered up, then headed over to the in-laws where we were all waiting to surprise Hal with a 40th birthday party! It was quite fun and I think Hal was really surprised, especially with all Steph's Star Wars decor. 





This morning we jumped out of bed at 7 to get ready for early service at church, which we will more than likely keep doing. We ate a huge, fatty lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings then headed on back home to enjoy the warmth and sunshine! I sat on the porch with a few magazines watching Matt mow the lawn, headed out for a run (slow and painful, my punishment for going too fast yesterday), then Matt and I did a short bike ride to visit with some neighbors down the road. We're currently in our jammies watching the Super Bowl and doing laundry!


Happy love month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment