Sunday, February 22, 2015

Oyster roasts and good weather

It's already Sunday again.

Last week flew by to me! Wednesday night there was a wreck on our road which knocked out the power until midnight...on one of the coldest nights of the year thus far. Poor Matt, when the power came back on around 12:15 he had to go outside to get the well working again so our pipes wouldn't freeze.

Thursday morning I had off from work so we could close on our house again. Cheers to saving money! I walked into a disaster at work which makes me feel like I can't ask off very often, which is annoying. Friday after work we had dinner with Molly, Craig, Megan, Scott and all the kiddos. I didn't get there until 6:45ish thanks to a long day at work, but it was fun! I just wish we could've stayed longer.

Saturday morning we were both up early, partly because of the dogs, but mostly because we had a lot of things to do. Matt went into work for a bit and I headed into Bluffton to do my long run and grocery shop for the oyster roast last night. I did 9 miles but really wanted to quit after 5. It was not my favorite and I'm looking forward to a shorter long run (6 miles) this coming weekend.


After grocery shopping I booked it home to clean, shower, and set up for the oyster roast. We had Dr B, Al, Dr S, Josh, Katie, Joseph, Jen, and Josh over for a little gathering, which was a ton of fun! Everyone was cleared out by 8:30 so we cleaned up and were in bed watching TV at 9:30.



Early service at church this morning, lunch, I grocery shopped for us while Matt is working on the other porch. I'm currently watching him but he's getting frustrated so I'll be leaving here shortly for a run! 


No comments:

Post a Comment