Thursday, February 11, 2016

Happy two months!

Our sweet babe is two months old! I seriously can't believe how fast life is moving right now. Time seemed to slow down the first few weeks after Morgan was born, but now it's flying!


Her little personality is shining through and she seems to be a happy baby most of the time! Hopefully she'll stay that way :) Mornings are still my favorite time of day with her- she eats great, is smiley, and takes wonderful naps. It's a little different in the afternoons; she naps shorter, is a little fussier with feeds, and a lot of work goes into making her grin. I'll take her all day, every day though!



This week she had two nights of 6-6.5 hour stretches at night, but then the past two nights she's been back to 4-5 hours between feeds. She's still taking 2 hour naps in the morning and mainly 1 hour naps in the afternoons. She's nursing perfectly and I really feel like we've gotten the hang of breastfeeding (thankfully!!) She typically nurses 6-7 times a day and takes two 3.5oz bottles of pumped milk a day. I have a little over 150 oz of frozen milk stashed for when she starts daycare in less than 4 weeks (gulp). 


She had her two month check up Tuesday and weighed in at 11 lbs 4 oz and was 22" long! She jumped from the 43rd percentile to the 68th percentile in weight in a little less than 3 weeks!! Sheesh. She's a good little eater. She also got her first set of shots and took them like a champ! I did okay too :) Tuesday afternoon and most of yesterday she slept a ton...I'm thankful for that response versus fevers and fussiness. 


Likes-
Walking and running in the stroller
The swing


Any carrier (I think she just likes to feel movement all the time!)


Stretching
Eating
Bathtime with dad

Dislikes-
Hunger
Being swaddled (still necessary for sleep though!)


I love every second I get with my baby girl! I can't wait to see all the new things she does and learns this next month, though I really need time to slow down at the same time. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment