Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Weekend in Brunswick

Good evening and happy Tuesday! I actually wrote this post Sunday but my iPad went psycho on me and quit working, so if some of this doesn't make sense that's why!

We had a great weekend over here and am already looking forward to the upcoming weekend since my folks, sis, and niece are coming! 

I got to leave work right at 5 Friday since we were heading out of town, which was really nice. Matt and I went ahead and made dinner at home so we could avoid fast food and since he still needed to pack anyway. We dropped Macie off with Scott and Megan and then headed on...made it to Brunswick right around 8 I think. We got to visit with Chris and Margaret and the kids before heading to bed at a decent hour since we all had early Saturday morning plans.

We were up at 5:30, stopped to get coffee, then headed on to Jacksonville. The race was really, really organized which I loved! Definitely planning on making this race an annual event. My wave started at 8:45 and I finished in 1:28:07...I only wanted to make it before 1:30 since this was my first 15k, next year my goal is 1:20ish. And it was hot, but having water at every single mile marker made this one of my favorite races EVER. 



We stopped by Cracker Barrel for brunch then headed on back to Brunswick. Once the kids and Margaret got home it was outdoor fun for all! Fishing, walking, bike riding, kid watching, sitting in the sun FUN! It was beautiful out and I enjoyed chatting with Margaret, watching Matt fish and the kids play. We had a delicious dinner and a really yummy dessert Margaret made that I'm going to recreate Thursday or Friday night (if I make them earlier I will eat them all). We turned in early since we had such an early start to the day. Wish I would've gotten more pictures from the weekend, but my sweat caused massive condensation in my camera, so my phone spent the day buried in rice!



Matt and I made it back to Bluffton before noon, picked up Macie, unpacked, then hit up Giuseppi's for lunch. I did the grocery shopping and Matt checked on a few job sites, then I got home and cleaned the apartment top to bottom. I made a Pinterest dinner fail and we hit the hay to start the new week! It already feels like it's flying by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment