Sunday, September 21, 2014

From start to finish!

We've had a wonderful weekend over here!

It all started Friday when I was home by 6...home at 6 on a Friday is pretty much a miracle and never happens! We made dinner and enjoyed hanging out at the dock for a bit.


Too bad all my pictures start out right side up and always end up sideways. Ugh.

Saturday morning started nice and early at 5:45. I got up to drive into Bluffton and attempt my long run of the week. I simply cannot get motivated to run more than 6 miles (though I've done a 7 and 8) here around the house; it's way too boring. I finished and ended up hitting my goal of 10 miles, even though I was only supposed to do 9! I'll be doing this for all my long runs...it helps so stinking much to change up the scenery!


Since I was already in Bluffton, I went ahead and did our weekly grocery shopping too, after getting some warm coffee! It was quite chilly, rainy, and windy out there! I came home, unpacked the groceries, started the dishwasher and a load of clothes, then went to "help" Matt paint the bonus room. I say help because I barely did anything; he apparently didn't like the way I was painting and took over. I just worked at getting him lunch, cleaning up his spills, and talking his ears off.


Scott, Chance, and Matt's parents came over a little later on to shrimp off the dock, but apparently there were no shrimp to be caught! They gave up and watched some of the football games for a bit. They left, I finished cleaning, then cooked dinner before watching the SC game. I was passed out by 9:15 on a Saturday! Real party animal right here.

This morning we slept in then Matt made some pancakes that we ate on the porch.


Matt then insisted on opening his birthday presents a day early since Mondays are typically crazy for 
us. He got a SC grill set and some UGG slippers (that are on my Christmas list too!). He then posed for this picture with his gifts like a goob.



Then it was off to church for nursery duty! We only had two babies, one of them Gracie Bea, so it was nice. Gracie took 3 steps alone too! And we got to love on baby Taylor!




We grabbed some Zaxbys on the way home then sat on the couch for a bit before I decided to get some sun on the dock. Matt followed shortly to shrimp, then he and Craig took off on the boat. I sat down there until 5:15ish then headed up for a short run...ended up doing 3 miles in 26:40 which is surprising the day after a long run, but I'll take it! The boys came back and when we took Craig back to their parents to pick up his truck, Molly and I went for a nice walk with Emily; perfect ending to a great weekend! 












No comments:

Post a Comment