Sunday, September 14, 2014

Matt's first birthday celebration

We headed to Augusta about 7:40 Friday evening and made it there close to 10...only a 2:15 drive! Much improved from the almost 3 hours it used to take us. We stayed up and talked with Meg for a bit before turning in.

Saturday morning McKenzie woke us up at 6:50am, oy. We got up and I took off for an easy run...we had a killer leg day at bootcamp Thursday and my quads were still burning Saturday! I ended up doing 3 slow, but hilly miles. Matt mowed the grass for Meagan and I went to get my hair cut. I was back by 10ish, Matt left to play golf, and I sat on the couch for a few hours with sis before mom picked me up for my eye appointment. I finally got new glasses for the first time in like 10 years. My old ones somehow got lost when we moved, which wasn't a terrible thing since they were being held together with scotch tape. Don't worry, I didn't buy these Harry Potter ones...


We all met back at Meagan's house for the UGA vs SC game later on. Bummer of a freaking game and now I have to fly a SC flag at my house for the remainder of the season. I'm not too happy about it. We also had cake for Matt...somehow every year he gets like 3-4 birthday celebrations! 




We also had a halftime race. McKenzie on her four wheeler, me on the tricycle, and Steven on the scooter. Pretty sure McKenzie won.


This morning we got up and took it easy. Meg left for AL on a business trip, Matt went to shop at Cabelas, and I took Macie and McKenzie on the slowest walk in the world. We met up with mom and dad for lunch before heading back. Fast, fast weekend like always! 



And this is how Macie rides home, face squished and all!




No comments:

Post a Comment