Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Happy December!

Happy December!! And happy late Thanksgiving ;)

Last week went by entirely too fast, as it always does when you don't have to go to work! Thursday morning (thanksgiving day) we were up super early at 6:45, so Matt started a big breakfast for us while I went for a run. I only ran once the entire break thanks to a whole lot of foot pain (funny enough I took aleve twice yesterday and woke up with brand new feet!), so I was sitting or laying as much as possible. We had lunch around 1, sat around and talked for awhile, checked out Black Friday sales, then the girls set out to shop after the boys got back from hunting! I've never gone shopping on thanksgiving, but it was nothing like I thought it would be. It wasn't as crazy as I anticipated for sure! I remember Uncle Steve and all his Toys r Us horror stories so this was so tame compared to that!! All my purchases were pretty boring- socks, boxers for Matt, some candles (that smell amazing), and some super comfy lounge jeans. 

Friday morning I slept in for awhile while Matt went to the shooting range with Eugene. I headed back to the in-laws house for lunch, more on-line shopping, girls time, then Christmas dinner and presents! We had another large dinner, took Christmas pictures of all the cousins, then watched them open and play with their gifts. So fun! I stayed a little later than Matt to hang out with the ladies and watch hallmark movies.





Saturday morning Matt went duck hunting while I did next-to-nothing at home. I convinced him to go pick out a Christmas tree with me before the rivalry games started at noon and we found the perfect, although short, tree! I went grocery shopping afterwards while Matt went home to set up the tree. The rest of the afternoon was spent watching football and decorating for Christmas; perfect afternoon! We were supposed to have dinner with Daniel and Cassady, but they ended up bailing at the last minute due to illness, so Matt and I had date night at Zaxby's- classy ;)


Sunday morning we had church nursery, ran a few errands, did more decorating, and Matt busted butt working in the yard. Monday definitely came way too fast! I was at work by 7:45 doing vaccine inventory, then had a church Christmas party after work; made for a long day! The women's gathering at church was a blessing though and I'm glad I had the opportunity to join!


No comments:

Post a Comment