Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Run, baby shower, and birthday party!

Last weekend was a whirlwind! And it's already Tuesday!

Friday afternoon around 4 Dr S, Jen, and I left for Savannah to run in the March of Dimes Shamrock 5k! I love leaving work early, especially on a Friday :) I felt incredible during the race and got a little sliver of running confidence back, just in time for the half at the end of the month! I ran an 8:49, 8:30, and 8:29- and once I passed a person I refused to let them pass me back! Seriously, I felt good. 


After the run I took Jen back to Bluffton then headed home to Matt, who had a grilled cheese waiting for me :) I stayed up until 10ish making more baby shower sweet treats, in addition to the ones I made Thursday night. 


Saturday morning Matt and I were on the road before 7am heading to Augusta to made a 9:40 tee time dad had made...and so I could get there at a decent hour to help my mom and Meg set up for Steven and Caylee's baby shower. I walked in the door and spent the next 3+ hours making tissue paper ball thingys..super cute but highly annoying and tedious. The baby shower BBQ started at 4 and I think everyone had fun! Steven and Caylee got quite a few sweet items for baby Harper. Less than 1 month before I'm an aunt for the 12th time! We hung out for awhile with the family before everyone dispersed and Matt talked us into going to bed early in preparation for spring forward.








Sunday morning we got up nice and early, which felt awful after springing forward! We went and visited with Matt's grandmother and grandfather for awhile before spending some time with his maw. Then we headed back into town for Cal's 4th birthday celebration, which turned into a nerf gun shootout thanks to Stevens gift! Never a dull moment with my fam :)


We stopped by my grandparents house (so thankful the majority of my family lives in the same area) on the way out of town to pick up their coffee table they gifted to Matt and I. They bought it in Korea 49ish years ago and I'm honored they entrusted us to keep it in the family. I was skeptical about how it would look in our house, but I'm in love with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment