Sunday, March 29, 2015

Savannah women's half

I know it's lame to be blogging on a Saturday but after the half this morning I'm planning on resting my legs for the rest of the weekend! Plus Matt's golfing with the neighbor and it's kinda chilly outside :)

This morning I was up way too early for a Saturday- 5am. I met Dr S and Jen in Bluffton at 6, then we headed into Savannah for the race. The girls were running the 5k and were gracious enough to wait on me to finish the half so we could all ride together! 

The course was beautiful. I went out too fast like I typically do- the first 5 miles were in the 8's, 6 was 9:02, then crap hit the fan. I lost the pace group I was running with and I struggled for the rest of the race. I stopped to help a lady having a pretty severe asthma attack right around mile 9.5-10, so I stopped my watch. My finish time (per my garmin) was 2:01:13...the official results had me at 2:08. I'm good with both, considering how bad I felt. I only ran once this week and it was only two miles..my last long run was over a month ago..so I'm the only one to blame for my performance! I'm already looking for a redemption run :)



...I started this post yesterday and never finished, oops.

I laid around pretty much all day yesterday when I got home. I'm actually surprised I even showered! Matt ended up going to play golf and didn't get home until 6, so we headed out for Mexican because he didn't want either of us to cook, win-win. After dinner we watched Gone Girl- intense! I read the book a few years ago so I didn't remember much. I'm just glad the language in the movie wasn't as bad as the book.

This morning we went to early service at church, came home and made sandwiches, then Matt headed out to work on the yard while I tackled the cleaning. Later in the afternoon (while waiting for my floors to dry) we drove out to Thomas Hayward's gravesite. Matt loves all thing history so we attempted to go by his house too but didn't make it that far. Scout survived her first ride in the bed of the truck though!



We just finished a delicious dinner- made solely by Matt- and we're already showered up and relaxing for the evening! My quads and feet are still trashed from yesterday so I'm really hoping they feel better by morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment