Monday, February 10, 2014

A last minute slumber par-tay

Hello and happy Monday!
I'm working my first of three nights for the week, and next week is my last week at the hospital! Wahoooo.
I will say that I will miss the commute the least. I get frustrated and road rage-ish multiple times driving to and from work.

This past weekend was the first time Matt and I were alone...but we sure were busy. I worked Thursday night and slept for 3 hours Friday before waking up to get some things done. I forced myself to run 3 miles even though I really, really wanted to do nothing (a commercial for 600lb person got me moving). Matt happened to see Daniel and Cassady driving into Palmetto Bluff as he was leaving work, so he made us some dinner plans. I was grumpy at first since I was tired and already in my jammies, but we ended up having a great time, as usual!

Saturday morning it was raining so I opted to do my 10 mile run in the afternoon...if I could make it home by 2pm. Cassady's first baby shower was at 11, and it was so sweet and fun! She got a lot of great stuff; baby shower number two is next Saturday :) I ended up chatting a lot longer than anticipated and didn't make it home until 3ish, and Matt had a late Zaxbys lunch waiting on me...so no long run/any run took place on Saturday. We had grilling out plans with Scott, Megan, Katy, and Doug (plus the kiddos) at 5, so we headed over there for more food and fun! Chance insisted that he was coming to spend the night with us, so we humored him and brought him on home! My only rule is that once we make it to our house, you're staying the night- and he did wonderfully!! We watched Up in bed then had pancakes in the morning before Matt took him back home to get ready for church. 



Church was a little different, as we didn't hear a sermon, but a testimony from a sweet couple...and it was wonderful. I almost cried multiple times, per usual. We made fancy grilled cheese sandwiches and chips for lunch, watched a movie, never made it to the grocery store, and I didn't go for a run again- oops. But I enjoyed our lazy little day. We did make it out to recycle, wash Matt's truck, and tour Palmetto Bluff for a bit. We rented another movie and ordered in pizza for dinner...even though we had a frozen pizza in the freezer ;) 
It was a lovely Sunday.


I ran 8 miles today, and had to reallllly talk myself into it. My first half of the year is in 2 weeks and I do not feel prepared! Hoping I'm not too sore tomorrow so I can squeeze in a short recovery run.

No comments:

Post a Comment