Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Garmin woes

Running in January went really, really well. I ended up running 86.5 miles total...and that was with only 9 and 10 miles the first two weeks...working nights and none at the office makes a difference!

I can also officially say I didn't run any 10 minute miles...all of them were in the 9s or less...much improvement since December! Just need to keep working at it. I might join the gym in March to get in some group classes/cross training. I've been doing my tae bo DVD but that gets old ;) Lots of races I'm looking forward to in the next few months- 1st off is the Augusta half on the 23rd...hoping I have enough training under my belt so it's not awful!

Yesterday I woke up at 12 so I could squeeze in a run before babysitting Chance and Gracie Bea. My run was going greattttt, and I felt so good...until I forgot to start my watch after stopping at a red light...grrrr. I kinda lost motivation after that and finished it off as an easy run. Stupid Garmin...or me for not starting it again. 

I watched Gracie Bea and Chance for a few hours yesterday and had a blast! Love these kiddos. 





I had a "free facial" this morning with Mary Kay- something I "won" off a raffle I signed up for after the Jingle Run in December (I only signed up to get a free bottle of water). After 90 minutes, I somehow was roped into $35 in lip care...which could've been worse since their skin care products are up into the $200s/set, another meeting next Friday, and an after hours work party the Friday after that! Oy. I don't know how to say no, but I can't be roped into much more! I need to get moving so I can grocery shop and run some errands, but the rain is making it hard to get out of the door...

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment