Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Shower fun and mom day

Our shower Saturday was so fun! Sister did an amazing job with the food, decorations, games, etc. 

We got into Augusta around 10:50 Friday night and I was pretty crashed within 30 minutes.
Macie was up bright and early Saturday morning, sadly, so we got an early start to the day. Dad and Matt headed off to play golf and mom, McKenzie, and I had errands to run and a delicious lunch at Takosushi to partake in. My smart self thought it would be a good idea to run from my parents house to Meg and Adams house 45 minutes after sushi. Not the brightest on my part...terrible route through the projects and I'm incredibly thankful my mom drove her car in lots of circles so she could watch out for me throughout my entire run! 


The shower started right around 6, and I'm so thankful for all sisters hard work; we had so much fun chatting it up with friends and family who drove quite the distances to be there for us. The kids had fun with bubbles and cornhole, and the adults were mostly mingling and getting to know one another. We got a lot of great gifts and are so grateful!



Happy mom day on Sunday! Macie was up bright and early again, so I drove to the store to pick up muffins and a danish for breakfast (Matt and dad annihilated it within minutes). We went to church, then Matt and I met with our music people/coordinator...she asked me quite a few questions about the ceremony that I hadn't thought of, so I'm back in wedding mode again! Dad picked up lunch from Red Robin (yummmm) and we had a relaxing lunch with Meg and McKenzie, with cupcakes and leftover banana pudding for dessert. My friend Lea and her husband Scott also dropped by so i could meet their son, Jack, for the first time! He's a super happy baby and I'm so glad I finally got to see him!


Matt and dad loaded up the car and we were off. We stopped by maw and pawpaws and had a short visit with them before heading back. I dropped Matt off in Ridgeland and then I stayed up quite late unloading, unpacking, and writing thank you cards. Monday and Tuesday were some sleepy days at the hospital! I slept like a rock last night and only worked a half day today so I could come home and relax by the pool :) Macie also had her annual well checkup/shots today...74 pounds and very healthy! $195 poorer, we came home and had a yummy dinner of baked chicken fajitas. Now Matt is gone and Macie and I are about to wrap our night up with a nice long walk. 


Saturday we will be doing two back-to-back premarital counseling sessions starting at 8:30. Matt is playing in a fundraising golf tournament so I plan on some more pool time in the afternoon. I'm/we are babysitting Chance that evening while Megan and Scott are at a wedding, so a fun-filled and packed Saturday is in store for us! Sunday will be church, another counseling session, and hopefully we will be tie shopping for the boys' suits- I really want to get that checked off!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment