Sunday, June 9, 2013

Almost in the teens...

20 days until the wedding :)

Thursday I managed to get myself to work and had a super quick shift. I love those kind of days that are steady busy and the hours just fly by. This is part of the reason I love day shift so much, nightshift seems to drag on foreverrrr! Friday I was supposed to do bridal pictures in Beaufort, as well as do a trial run for my hair, but we decided to reschedule since the chance for rain was 70%...and it didn't rain a single drop after 9am, oh well!

Friday evening Matt and I went to SAMs and picked up a few things for the hotel welcome bags we're putting in the rooms. We picked up some firehouse subs and ate dinner with Macie before Matt headed home and I did a few more wedding things.


Saturday morning I got up and did my first 5-mile run since April and felt surprisingly good!! Marathon training is starting this week and my goal is to not increase my mileage too quickly and to add in strength workouts on the days I'm at the hospital and can't run. My goal is a 4:00-4:15 marathon time, which woud be 32 minutes faster than my best...but I think it's doable :)


We met up with Daniel, Cassady, and Daniels brother Michael for a day on their boat at 10ish Saturday morning and we had a BLAST! Definitely exhausted when we got home last night (and quite sunburnt, somehow) and Macie was relentless in her dog neediness. She was up this morning at 4:45 so I took her out thinking she had to poo, but to no avail. I put her in her kennel and the little booger was whining at 7:45...no mercy to sleepy people. We got up and I made some horribly not-done cinnamon rolls. Sermon at church was great even though the atmosphere was kinda strange ("officially" changed the 11am service to contemporary and therefore had black out curtains up and neon lights lighting up the inside of the church...I'm not a fan). We watched Chance for a few hours while Megan and Scott had a class, went to the store, now Matt is gone and Macie and I are preparing for the week!



No comments:

Post a Comment