Sunday, June 16, 2013

Beach day, a birthday, and dad day

Friday was such a sweet day off!
I got up and did my long run of the week- 6 miles and felt pretty good....just hot. This first week of marathon training I really slacked off and took Thursday AND Saturday off. Thursday I had no excuse, I just didn't get up before work and got lazy towards the end of the day. Saturday I was at the hospital, but I shouldn't have turned off my alarm 8 times that morning because I never have motivation to work out after 12 hour shifts. 
I'll do better this week :)

Back to Friday...after my run I took Macie for a walk to cool down, then showered up and met with Robin at Honey Horn to go over a few things and for her to show me picture "hot spots" for the wedding. Afterwards I went to the beach before calling it quits after a measly 3 hours...not sure what happened to the girl who used to be able to spend hours upon hours at the pool/beach- now I just get too hot! I came home, cleaned up a bit, Macie got a fun bath, then we rounded out the evening watching Safe Haven, which I actually liked.


Saturday started off rocky at the hospital, but ended up being a pretty great day. I picked up some frozen yogurt on the way home and enjoyed it while watching Safe Haven again (I forgot to take it back some figured I'd get my money's worth!) Papa's birthday was this day also- the big 53! He's on a golf trip with his buddies so I'm quite certain he's having too much fun.

We slept in until 7:30 this morning, I did a 5-mile run, walked Macie, headed to church, then picked up a lean cuisine for lunch (lame). Matt got home from his guys weekend around 1, so we lazed around watching the golf tournament for a couple hours before he headed home. I left for Sams and got dinner/dessert plates and silverware for the wedding, then hit up Walmart and Publix for some grocery shopping. I really want to take Macie for another walk but we'll be waiting until the sun goes down a touch ;) For now, we're making more lists, watching My Best Friends Wedding, and tackling some laundry.


Only 13 days left!! Less than TWO weeks!

Tomorrow and Tuesday I'm back at the hospital, Wednesday I'm doing bridal pictures in Beaufort, Thursday at the office with a shower for us afterwards (yay!!), then Friday back at the hospital. 


Happy Father's Day!
 Thankful for my papa and all my brothers who are excellent dads to my nieces and nephews!

No comments:

Post a Comment