Sunday, June 2, 2013

Two words...

...pure exhaustion. 

I don't typically like to work 3 day shifts in a row at the hospital, but I did Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this past week. Matt and I left right after work Friday evening for Augusta and made it there at 10:30ish. I fell asleep on the way home sitting up ;)

Saturday morning I was up at 7:30 to get my hair cut and highlighted...I was supposed to go for a run but it was soooo humid and my hair was wet so I skipped. We jumped in the car and headed for Atlanta right at 11, got there around 2, picked up my dress, then were stuck in traffic for a good hour trying to get to my friends Katie and Nick to meet their sweet new baby, Mason.



We hung out for an hour and left to meet up with Lindsey, Abbey, and Matt's friend, Mo at Tilted Kilt- seriously we LOVE the wings there, not the girls in short kilts and bras. We ate and hung out for awhile before driving over to Turner Field to catch our first Braves game of the year. Fail. Think we took for granted we used to live so close and always had access to cheap, good tickets. I stood in line for awhile and was told the cheapest tickets available were $56...we were wanting $9-18 tickets...so we opted out, sadly and reluctantly. 




We made our way over to Taco Mac for a few drinks and to hang out while watching the game. We finally left Atlanta around 10:30 (Braves won in an awesome 10 inning game!) and arrived home at 12:30 ish. Poor Matt did all the driving and the rest of us passed out the whole way home, probably why he slept an extra hour or so this morning ;)






We rushed around this morning to be out the door by 10:15 so I could drop my wedding dress off at our alteration lady's house. Thankfully, the dress doesn't need much work because I need it back by Friday for bridal pictures!! We hightailed it back to Savannah for our next-to-last premarital counseling session. We had a late lunch/early dinner at Atanta Bread...I was so tired I didn't even want Coldstone afterwards, which is unheard of! We picked up Matt's truck and Macie from Darin and Brandi's and parted ways for home. Macie and I ran by the grocery store and now we're in the midst of unpacking, laundry, and getting ready for the upcoming week. It's going to be an early bedtime for us tonight!



27 days to go.

And please keep mom in your prayers, she's recovering from her knee replacement she had done Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment