Thursday, January 10, 2013

A few days off = laziness

I usually don't have days off from work during the week, but since I worked Sunday I had Monday and today off. I could've worked at the peds office today, but wasn't asked until yesterday afternoon and I already had the mindset of doing nothing :)

Monday I ran 5 miles in exactly 45 minutes (9:00/min mile) and then took Macie on her usual 1.25 mile loop. She is really getting the hang of running beside me on her leash, which I feared would be the greatest challenge. I recently discovered a new running blog I'm obsessed with, so we spent the rest of Monday catching up on it and watching movies. Tuesday and Wednesday were spent at the hospital, with Tuesday being a horrific day. I came home to these from Matt (and Macie)...


There was also a card from "them" so of course I cried like a baby. Wednesday was a much better shift. This morning I got up and attempted to do my long run for the week a little early...and totally failed. The weather has been nuts around here this week and it was already 65+ degrees here at 9am. My 10 mile run turned into a 7 mile run, but at least I ran it at a 9:03 min pace :) 
Macie was pretty hot during our mile loop, so I'm glad it wasn't just me. 

The rest of the afternoon consisted of reading blogs, watching TV, and cuddling with Macie.


Matt came by for a little QT and dinner. We watched too much Amish Mafia (a terrible, brain cell killing reality show) before deciding to go grab Mexican for dinner. I love our random mid-week afternoon hang out sessions. We get to do it all over again tomorrow!! Off to bed now...getting up sometime in the 6am hour to squeeze in a short run before heading to the peds office for my first day back there since before Christmas. It'll be interesting..


At least he'll be waiting for me when the day is over!


No comments:

Post a Comment