Thursday, January 17, 2013

A week recap

About to recap a weeks worth of events, but don't worry, it hasn't been a very interesting week ;)

Saturday afternoon we took Macie to the beach and she fell in love with the sand and water all over again. She didn't stop moving the entire time we were there, so therefore it was only a 2 hour-ish trip. 



After giving her a bath and relaxing for a bit we headed up to Matt's parents house for dinner and football. Ms Susan made the best chicken kabobs I think I've ever eaten (just chicken wrapped in bacon and thrown on the grill with pineapple and veggies- yum!). I really wanted to go to bed at 9:15 but they picked on me, so I just napped on the couch until 10. 


Sunday we got up, went to church, came home and made buffalo chicken nachos, and watched the falcons. Matt left around 4 to get home and wash his truck since it was such a nice day...so I set off on a quick (8:54 min pace) 4- mile run. Then Macie and I did another 1.25 mile run in 9:21....I don't think she'll ever be able to do more than 3-4 mile runs...she was huffing and puffing by the end! 


Monday through Wednesday I was at the hospital and this morning it felt SO good to "sleep in" until 6:05! I got up and did a 5-mile run before heading to a very nicely paced day at the peds office. I plan on doing the same thing tomorrow and squeeze in a run for Macie too. Then I'm leaving work at exactly 5pm in order to get home, shower, and head into Savannah for a dinner date with three other couples. 

Our weekend is going to be another fun one! I have an 11-mile run in the books for Saturday morning, maybe a family run/walk, and then kayaking in the afternoon! Sunday will be a repeat of this past Sunday since the falcons are playing at 1 again. Can't wait for this work week to be over!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment