Sunday, January 27, 2013

The week, weekend, and a proposal!!

Last week was a breeze...
Monday and Tuesday were spent snuggling with babies at the hospital, I only had a half day at the office Wednesday followed with running errands and dinner with Matt, Thursday was a full (but good, easy paced) day at the office, and I wrapped up Friday at the hospital. 

Matt picked up my sister Friday evening since she was coming for the weekend and I somehow beat them home, so I took Macie for her 1st 2 mile run and she did pretty good! She slowed down the last 1/2 mile, but I figured out later that she hadn't had dinner yet so I'm sure she was just hungry. Saturday morning I got up and did a 5 mile run while Meg, Matt, and McKenzie were waking up. Meg and I took the kids to meet up with Megan, Chance, Margaret, Maura, Brody, and Conner at the Sandbox, an interactive children's museum. The girls were a little awkward at first, but by the end of the evening they were BFFs!



We met up with the boys and had lunch at Chick-fil-a, then went back home to let the kids rest before our dinner that evening. Matt came back over and he and I ran to Dicks to pick up a gift for Stephanie for Ms Susan (Steph's birthday is Monday). Matt took me to Palmetto Bluff afterwards and surprised me with getting on one knee and PROPOSING to me!!!! I'm still hearing about all the little white lies and stories leading up to this moment, but I do know my sister has known for quite awhile, along with a few of Matt's sis-in-laws. I'm still slightly overwhelmed but am realllllly excited about marrying Matt!! 




We spent the rest of the evening hanging out with his family and looking up wedding stuff. We slept in this morning since we were exhausted from the events from yesterday and therefore missed church, but we did get to meet up with my parents, Steven, and Caylee in Savannah for another celebration lunch. We sat around and chatted for quite awhile, which I loved! I can't wait to go home in a few weeks and do some more planning. I did a 5 mile fast run (8:39 min pace) followed by a 2 
mile cool down run with Macie- who is now passed out beside me on the couch. 



It's been a whirlwind weekend and it just might get me through this 12 day work stretch!!



No comments:

Post a Comment