Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolutions

Today has been one of the most boring days at the hospital ever, but I'm quite thankful for a slow day since I've had the last 6 days off.


Matt sent me that picture this morning and I love how sweet she looks!

So, for the past two years I've made a resolution and actually did them! In 2011 I ran my first marathon and in 2012 I read the entire Bible with the help of a reading plan.


This year my goals are...

1. To read Jesus Calling, a daily devotional
2. To run the Chicago marathon (again) and set a personal record
3. I have 5 half marathons on my schedule, 3 early in the year and 2 later
4. To compete in a triathlon with Matt
5. To lose 10-15ish pounds the healthy way

Number 4 will be the trickiest, since Matt will have to teach this goober how to swim successfully and we'll have to spend some big bucks on bikes. I'll probably try to look for some that are towards the end of the year so we'll have time to train properly. Number 5 will also be tough...I love sweets and food way too much. I took the leftover trifle (pictured below) to work this morning to get it out of my fridge!!


I also have lots of mini goals to work towards throughout the year...like saving more money, making sure I tithe with each paycheck, encorporating strength training into my workouts (possibly getting a personal trainer for a short while), cleaning the bathroom once a week, and cutting candy from my diet. 
But I will never cut out ice cream, never.


I would miss my ice creams dates with this goober and Matt!!




No comments:

Post a Comment