Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday musings

The combination of waking up at 3:50am this morning and screaming babies is getting to me.
My brain is mushy. 

Musings-

1. Waking up so early in the morning to run makes me the biggest scaredy cat in the entire world- worse than Macie. A deer ran out in front of me and you would've thought it was a man with a knife, chasing me all my measly 3 miles. Tae Bo is tomorrow in my living room, and my 6 miler early Wednesday will be done on the treadmill.

2. We like tervis tumblers in our house. I had to store our "real" glasses elsewhere to make room for Matt's tumblers. We also really like koozies. And baskets (this one is for me, not Matt)

3. Macie never likes to be groomed, which is odd since she loves for us to touch her and talk to her and be with her at all times of the day.


4. Yesterday was National Ice Cream day, and I didn't find out until 5:15 pm. This is probably why all the good ice cream choices were gone by the time we got to Kilwins. McKenzie got Cold Stone Saturday and I was insanely jealous- no joke.



I kicked off our Saturday morning with a little 7 mile run- my last "easy" one on my training plan- and it wasn't easy. I'm fearful for the next 3 months. Matt and I went to the beach for a grand 45 minutes afterwards, but since it was overcast and he wanted to play golf, we left. I piddled around at the house and then ran random errands because I was bored. We rented 42 and I made appetizers for dinner- yum. Sunday morning Matt cleaned guns, I made a grocery list, then we took off for church. We had Mellow Mushroom for lunch afterwards, and I'm thankful I chose Sunday for my cheat day this week, because I most definitely had ice cream later also. I was supposed to run, but all the food got to me and I fell asleep on the couch instead- oops. I am now ready to crawl into bed at the ripe hour of 7pm- I am an old lady.

5- last muse- sister sent me this picture of McKenzie's new  haircut and she now looks like a grown child, not the almost 5-year old that she is. I really am getting old.


No comments:

Post a Comment