Monday, July 29, 2013

Seriously, Monday again?

This weekend went by with rapid speed. Rapid.

I sat around the house doing odds and ends for the remainder of Friday afternoon, then hit up happy hour with a few coworkers from Seaside- it was delicious.

Afterwards, Matt and I tried out a wine bar in Bluffton that I had never heard of. One of Matt's subcontractors and wife own it and they are awesome at what they do. They had plenty of wines to choose from and the menu was delicious too. Date night was quite fun and we were still home and watching Impractical Jokers on the couch by 9...that's how we roll ;)



Saturday morning started off quite early thanks to Macie wanting to be up at 6:30. Matt needed to drop some supplies off at a jobsite, so we got up and got the day started after a yummy breakfast of waffles. After all our Palmetto Bluff running around we set off a few flea bombs at the apartment and took off for a few hours. Our plan was to drive to Edisto, but since we didn't get out of the house until after noon we wanted to be a bit closer, so we went to Hunting Island instead. We stayed there for about an hour before a beach patrol guy asked us to put her leash on (she wears a shock collar and most places consider that a leash) and so we left since she can't really have fun stuck to us. 


We made it back by 3:30ish and went to Old Navy to get Matt some new work pants and shirts, then got some ice cream from Kilwins- our favorite flavor was back in stock, hooray!! I was supposed to cook dinner but was just exhausted from all our running around, so we ordered in and picked up a bottle of wine (which we forgot to open). A nice little Saturday for sure.

Sunday we got up for early service, did all our grocery shopping and errands for the week, and were back at home by 11:30...so nice! I made lunch and we laid around until Matt decided to go play a round of golf. We made it home and had leftovers for dinner before leaving to get gas and for Macie to have a training session. Another nice day outdoors :)


This morning I turned off my alarm to run and slept in until 4:45, so Matt is on duty to make sure I get in a short run when I get home. Good luck to him! I'm orienting a new grad to the special care and intermediate nurseries, so it'll be a boring next few weeks as she takes over my patients and I'm just supervising...hopefully they won't block pinterest on me again! Happy Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment