Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rehearsal and rehearsal dinner

Sorry if anyone is getting annoyed at my play-by-plays of wedding week...but I don't care :)
Matt's working late tonight and I'm exhausted from doing 1 million health checks at the peds office, so I figured I'd relax and write another wedding related post. Had a pretty decent 4 mile run this morning that kept me sane today! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet mom!

I got a little flustered heading to the rehearsal because we were running a touch late thanks to the boys' long winded golf game, then Matt's super last minute decision that he really needed a new polo for the evening. Turns out we were the first ones there! Apparently no GPS can find the venue, so everyone was lost and therefore we didn't get started until 5:30. Our wedding coordinator and dear friend, Mary, was on top of everything and quickly organized us and got things started so we could be done. Here was another time I'm extremely thankful Matt and I only had one attendant each...so much less stressful!



We finished rehearsing and unloading some stuff around 6 and took off for Truffles. We pretty much arrived at the perfect time because after 10-15 minutes of mingling, food was already being served! Dinner was delicious, per usual, and Matt ordered our dessert special since it wasn't on the menu; he knows how much I LOVE my dessert. 

After everyone was finished eating, Mr. Hal asked everyone to stand and introduce themselves and how they knew Matt or myself. My family is super shy, so no one said much, but Craig and Scott gave a few memorable little talks. And Craig presented Matt with a sweet cardboard cutout of himself at a Talladega event years ago- fairly certain this was the highlight of the evening! Good laughs with family :) 





A few of us had a couple drinks afterwards at a little bar downtown, but I was still home by 10ish tucked in bed and snuggling with McKenzie. Wedding day post soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment