Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Chicago- day 1

Hopefully recapping each day won't be annoying! There was so much that we did every day; I don't think I could cram any two days in one post!

I worked Monday, Tuesday, and until 5 Wednesday...thankfully my manager at the hospital let me off early Wednesday so I could make it home while it was still daylight to run, pack, and do some errand running. Matt and I ended up staying up until close to 11 packing, organizing, and watching the 3rd episode of The Blacklist in bed. My 4:05 am alarm was not warmly welcomed. Our trip started off chaotic since we got a slightly later start than anticipated (Matt had a harddddd time waking up), then we were stuck in Charleston traffic. We made it to the airport with minutes to spare and pretty much walked right onto the plane. We met up with Lindsey in Atlanta and it was so good to be reunited with her!!!


Marlys set us up with a cab service at the airport and it was amazing...it was waiting up front in less than 5 minutes, and our plane was 20 minutes early! Marlys's house was so, so pretty and I wish I would've taken a picture of it. We stayed with her outside the city Thursday and Friday nights and in the city Saturday and Sunday nights for the convenience. Anyway, we got to her house, threw our stuff in our rooms, and booked it to make the 1pm train into the city. 


We were starving when we got there so we stopped by a well known pizza place for a deep dish Chicago style pizza- yum! 



Afterwards we made a trip up the Willis Tower and did the skydeck thing. They got a really cool picture of the three of us there that I just ordered last night! 




Afterwards we walked to find the famous Chicago sign that we love, then booked it to make it in time for the 5:30 train back to Marlys's house for dinner and catching up. Even though we were still stuffed from our enormous late lunch, we still managed to eat tapas, more pizza, and some delicious local beer. We went to bed fat, happy, and exhausted :)



No comments:

Post a Comment