Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Last post of the day- bye Chicago!

After the race Matt, Rachel, and Marlys found me on my bench outside the Congress Hotel. We walked for a bit before hailing a cab back to the hotel where Lindsey and Lea were waiting with subs from Potbelly's. I showered and scarfed down half my sub before we took off for Wrigley Field via the metro. We got there 10 minutes late, but thankfully they had one last tour scheduled at 4 that wasn't listed on the website- must be for those late people like us! We sat on a patio at a little bar and had a round of drinks before the tour. I am SO glad we did this tour- it was so informative and fun, with plenty of photo opportunities.




We first sat in the stands and learned a lot of history about the field, then sat in the outfield bleachers, had a tour of the press box, the visitors clubhouse, we made the same walk the Cubs do coming into the field on game day, sat in their dugout, and stepped onto the field- all so cool. Our tour guide was very upbeat, which was kind of annoying at first, but he ended up being fantastic. We were all so glad we took the tour, including Matt, who was on the fence beforehand. 



We met up with Rachel again afterwards and headed back into the city in time for viewing the sites from the Hancock building right at sunset. We had a round of drinks and an appetizer while there and soaked in all the beautiful sights and lights of the city.



My cousin Hannah and her daughter Evelyn met up with at at Quarsitos for a late pasta and pizza dinner as our last meal in Chicago. So great seeing Hannah and loved seeing Evelyn since I missed their trip to Augusta this past summer. 



We parted ways and headed back to the hotel since Matt and I had a 6am flight back to Atlanta and Lindsey's was at 10. Matt and I had another chaotic travel day that started with our plane being delayed in Chicago due to broken potties. We missed our connecting flight thanks to the delays and didn't make it back to Charleston until 12...and at this point we are exhausted, Matt had a terrible headache, and I was feeling more sick. It was great to finally be home. We picked up Macie and I ran by the peds office to have Dr. S look in my ears, which is when I figured out about the double ear infection..Matt did a few work things, got his haircut, and picked up dinner for us. You'd think we'd be tired of takeout and heavy foods, but nahhhh, it trumped heading out to get groceries :) We were in bed by 7:30 and stayed up watching The Voice. I slept in until 8 this morning and have slowly been doing a few things around home. About to fold a load of laundry, take Macie for a walk at the park, and get groceries! Now we're all caught up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment