Sunday, October 27, 2013

Zombie 5k

Hello again.
Here's a quick recap of a mostly work filled week, so prepare yourself for a boring post!

Monday- office
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday- hospital
Friday- office

Told ya- boring. 

We had dinner with Scott, Megan, Chance, and baby Gracie Friday night and I held miss Gracie for a longggg time :) We only left when we did because Matt passed out in the chair watching football.

Saturday morning Macie was up at 7:30 and wanting to be pottied, Matt's phone was going off with work stuff, and he bolted outta here to take something to a job site he forgot about Friday. Not a relaxing start to a Saturday...but he redeemed himself by bringing home breakfast from Panera- yum. 

Matt's mom was running errands in Bluffton so we met up with her at Mellow Mushroom for lunch then headed over to dicks to browse around...found a pair of bright running shorts for $10- score! I try to wear the brightest colors imaginable when I run in the mornings, especially now that it's dark almost my entire run. We sat around awhile longer before it was time to head downtown to pick up our race packets for a zombie 5k I convinced Matt to run with one of the docs and her husband. Andddd he agreed to dressing up in costumes! Very fun :) I don't think I'll ever run in a cape and mask again. The cape choked me to death and I tore off the mask after mile 1 because I had sweat dripping in my eyes; lovely! Race was good...I forgot how challenging 5ks are...it seems like such a short distance and should be easy to run fast for 3 miles, but no. This was Matt's first 5k and his goal was to finish without walking, which he did! I somehow managed to get 3rd in my age group for ladies (very small race) and we won 1st in the group costume awards! 




We got home just in time for the Carolina game to start and I'm glad it's over and Matt's excitement has calmed down. Crazy game for sure! This morning our church service was held at the park and it was a beautiful morning for it! The weather was perfect and they had a great turnout. We ate Mexican for lunch, went to dicks again, then he went hunting and I ran errands.  Pretty typical Sunday!

I'm sad the weekend is already over.

No comments:

Post a Comment