Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 2- the expo, the bean, and Navy Pier

Day 2 started a touch later than our previous travel day, thankfully :)

We woke up and I took Marlys's pup out for what turned out to be a super short mile long run. He was crazy and went nuts for birds, squirrels, and falling leaves- and those things were everywhere. We got ready, picked up some breakfast and coffee at Starbucks, then hopped on the train for another fun-filled day in the city. 

We hit up the marathon expo first so I could get better dibs on the t-shirts (usually we go later and my size is long gone) and puck up my race packet. We scored lots of samples and I got two fun race shirts. 



We had lunch at Luke's- home of something famous- maybe a hotdog or some beef sandwich thing Matt had...I can't remember. After lunch we walked to Grant Park to see the bean- one of mine and Lindsey's favorite part of Chicago! It's so fun. 





We hopped on another bus (PS- we almost took every possible mode of transportation on this trip- planes, trains, subway, buses, cabs,etc!!) and made our way to Navy Pier- another favorite for Lindsey and I. We had the most expensive ice cream known to man (or so I thought) at Haagen 
Daz before walking up and down the pier and eventually riding the famous Ferris wheel. 






We met up with Marlys, her husband, and a work friend at a fun bar to cap off the night with more local beer and the most delicious bar food. We again went to bed fat, happy, and exhausted- our theme for the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment