Monday, December 10, 2012

Half marathon #7


Half marathon #7 is complete! I ran the super flat course in 2:03:03, and I was slightly disappointed in myself for not breaking under two hours! I did great up until miles 9 & 10, where I hit a wall...hard. That's what I get for not training ;) I'm planning on doing two halves in February and am going to follow a training plan to get better times. 

Our weekend get-away started off kinda slow. I worked until 12 and then ran a few errands while I waited for Matt to wrap up his work week. We hit the road around 2, but ended up having to turn around to check on one of Matt's houses back at Palmetto Bluff...so we ended up making a 90 minute trip into 4 hours! We went to the expo and picked up my bib and t-shirt on Kiawah Island, checked into the hotel, then grabbed a yummy dinner in downtown Charleston. We were in bed early since we had a 5:30am wake up call Saturday morning. 


After the race we headed back to shower and then grabbed wings in Charleston for lunch. We then walked up and down Market Street for a good 3-4 hours browsing and checking out all the booths set up. 



We then went back to the hotel where I took a 40 minute nap before we headed back out for dinner! Fun, long, exhausting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment