Friday, December 14, 2012

Holiday survey


25 Questions: Holiday Style
  • Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate by far, with maybe a little peppermint flavoring added in. It's the only thing I know to order from Starbucks
  • Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
We haven't done Santa at our house in years, and I've worked so many of the past Christmas's that I don't even know what my siblings do for their kids! I will definitely wrap the "from Santa" presents to my kids though, because wrapping paper is so much fun!


  • Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like white
  • Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope
  • When do you hang your decorations up?
I used to do it the first weekend of December, but this year I might've started a new tradition of doing it the weekend after Thanksgiving. I got way too excited about picking out a tree!


  • What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Hmm, I don't know. We don't usually do the Christmas meal the same every year. Meagan makes a mean broccoli casserole, and her rendition of Grandmas sugar cookies and icing are delicious.
  • Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Taking Christmas pictures in our pajamas, waking up together as a family and waiting for mom and dad to let us out of our rooms and into the living room, stockings, making the trip to Atlanta to see Grandma and Grandpa. I really, really, really miss being with my family for Christmas. I usually get to go home right around the holiday, but I never get to wake up and experience it like I did as a kid anymore. Growing up is tough stuff.



  • What is on your Christmas wish list?
I didn't have anything jump out at me that I wanted/needed this year. I am super pumped about the gift I'm getting from mom and dad though- a Happy Everything platter with some mini attachments! And Matt and I went on a mini vacation as our gift, which was nice.

 
  • Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We used to get to open one gift every Christmas Eve. I think when I start my own little family I want to implement the tradition of giving new pajamas every Christmas Eve so that you have some to wear on Christmas morning! In fact, I'm going to buy some for us this year and start the new tradition pronto! And we have to wear the shirts below too...he'll be so please :) Now, if only I could find a matching one for Macie


Totally ordered these for Matt and I tonight!
  • How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I collect ornaments from every significant place we go, so I have a lot of special ornaments. We do the lights, then I get all nostalgic as I hang up each ornament. Matt hangs the lights (or he has the past two years anyway), and then watches football while I decorate.
  • Snow? Love it or dread it?
Indifferent probably. I like snow as long as it doesn't freeze and become ice. I was stuck in a huge ice storm in Atlanta a few Januarys ago and it was torture. Atlanta wasn't equipped to deal with it! And I had to work which probable didn't help matters.
  • Real tree or fake tree?
I used to only have a fake tree when I lived by myself in my little box apartment. But now I LOVE real trees, and I can honestly say I remember to water it every day. Can't say the same thing for all my other plants/flowers (which are currently dying on my porch).

Christmas 2012- Macie's first! (And she has an ornament that says exactly that!!)

  • Do you remember your favorite gift?
I'm not sure I ever had a favorite gift. I have many memorable ones- like Adam giving me underwear (that Meagan helped pick out) and our trip to New York last year.

 
  • What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Showing people what the season is really all about, family time, giving.

 
  •  What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I like all desserts, all the time...I really like Reece's Peanut Butter Christmas trees. I'm not fond of the jello dessert my dad insists on making every year! I think I might try to make a triple chocolate peppermint trifle this year.
  • What is your favorite tradition?
Stocking stuffers, Christmas Eve service, waking up together Christmas morning and having breakfast together while opening gifts. Mom used to take us riding through neighborhoods closer to Christmas with hot chocolate to see all the lights.
  • What tops your tree?
Nothing this year, I'll probably order a star after the holidays.
  • Do you prefer giving or receiving?
I LOVE giving!!!! I love thinking of the perfect gift and how they'll react to it when they open it (and yes, sometimes I'm totally disappointed because they didn't react how I had imagined). I'm terrible at receiving, though I am grateful for it.

Christmas 2011
  • What is your favorite Christmas song?
Silent Night
  • Candy canes, yuck or yum?
Yum? I usually don't have them on my tree and I don't crave them
  • Favorite Christmas movie?
Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Home Alone 1 & 2, The Family Stone
  • What do you leave for Santa?
We never did anything growing up, but I'll probably leave cookies from my kids to Santa

Christmas 2007
  • Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Ha ha, go to work. Really though, we used to get up and make breakfast and head out to the living room with mom and dad. Unless it was a year we were traveling to Atlanta, usually those years we'd open up all our gifts Christmas Eve.
  • Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
I've become quite the on-line shopper over the past few years.
  • Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Love, love getting Christmas cards!

Christmas 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment