Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Weekend visitors

These past few days have flown by it seems!
Friday morning I picked up Macie from Matt and took a quick 3 hour nap on the couch. I then got up, ran some errands, and headed into Pooler to go see The Hobbit with Molly and one of her friends. The movie was amazing and totally brought back my dorky Lord of the Rings memories. My siblings and I love those movies! We've tried many times to have a Lord of the Rings marathon, but we always end up falling asleep at some point.

Saturday morning I got up at 7 to start lunch for my family, went for a run, walked Macie, and frantically vacuumed the apartment (I'm not really sure why I do this anytime I have a visitor). My parents, Meagan, and McKenzie got to my place around 11:30 and we had lunch before Meg and I went shopping for a bit. We were supposed to take McKenzie to the zoo, but opted to make the trip when Matt and I are in Augusta after Christmas. It's only a 45 minute drive from Augusta to Columbia, whereas it's a 2 1/2 hour drive from Bluffton to Columbia...it wouldn't have been a fun trip for Meg and I. Instead, we tried to build a gingerbread house with McKenzie...and totally failed, just like last year. McKenzie had a lot of fun eating the icing and freaked out when the house started falling apart.



We had dinner at Longhorn and then the 4 of us watched the latest Batman movie while McKenzie was watching movies, cleaning my room, playing with stuffed animals..pretty much everything but sleeping (she snuck chocolate candies all day and was wired!!)

Sunday morning we took our time getting up and going before power shopping at the outlets. Matt came home from his weekend at the hunting club and met us at a Mexican restaurant for lunch before sending everyone back home. Then Matt and I caught up on some quality time. We made my parents' Christmas cards at Target, rented a movie (that ended up freezing multiple times), and grabbed some dinner. Bedtime was nice and early since I was starting day shift back at the hospital (yipeeeeee!).


The past few days have been uneventful...it's been nice being back on dayshift. I just feel sorry for Macie since it's dark and I can't walk her for long when I get home..and I'm not much fun and like to go to bed early :)


Tomorrow afternoon I'm working at the peds office, back at the hospital Thursday, but have all of Friday off! I haven't had a weekday off in awhile, so it'll be so nice! And Lindsey is supposed to be coming, so I'm really looking forward to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment