Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October!

Happy October! I'm determined to start and end this month with a positive attitude- about everything! There is a lot that I'm thankful for this month and lots of fun activities planned. I just need to make sure I slow down and enjoy it all and not let myself get overwhelmed and over-emotional.

This picture has nothing to do with the post- except that I like it and forgot to post it yesterday :)
Meagan and Adam both have birthdays this month- Meagan will turn 25 on the 10th and Adam will be 29 on the 28th. I'm still brainstorming on gifts for the both of them.
Anddddd next month they get MARRIED!!


We're kicking off the first weekend of the month by going to Columbia, SC for the UGA vs SC game! I've been looking forward to this game since the match-up last year! Hoping that UGA steps it up this year, 'cause Matt and I have another bet brewing (I don't really remember the details of it right now; it's changed that many times). I work both my jobs this week all five days, so I'm really looking forward to being off the weekend and enjoying family, friends, and rivalry. Margaret, possibly Megan, and I are heading to Columbia early Saturday morning to meet up with the boys and tailgate before heading into the game.

Matt and I at last years game
At the end of the month, Matt and I are heading to Washington D.C. so I can run in the Marine Corps marathon. I get really pumped looking at pictures of previous races, and the feeling I got when I fininshed Chicago last year, or any other big race- but I'm also really scared. I haven't trained nearly as well as I did last year, so I'm hoping I finish with somewhat of a decent time. I don't have a goal in mind any more, I just want to finish and know that I did my best. Now, someone needs to remind me of that when my competitive nature comes screaming out at the start line.
 
So, there's lots to do this month and a lot to be excited about!
For now I have to make it through this work week- with a joyful and grateful heart.
And maybe a little patience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment