Monday, October 29, 2012

Washington trip- Mount Vernon

We're back! We had a lot of fun in D.C. and I'm not too terribly sore from the marathon!
I figured I'd do recaps of our trip since we took over 200 pictures and crammed a lot of sightseeing in the few days we were there. 

Friday morning we left bright and early at 6am and dropped Macie off at the boys' office because Craig was taking her for the weekend. She is still exhausted from her weekend at the hunting club with her Uncle Craig and his lab, Jackson! Good for me since I have more packing to do :)

So, it took us around 8 hours to get to Mount Vernon Friday. We had to make multiple stops since I was trying to stay hydrated for the race Sunday :/ I learned a lot about Washington at Mount Vernon from both the tour guides and Matt, who loves history. We walked around for a few hours and took way more pictures than I intend on posting, but here are a few...and this stinking iPad won't let me put captions under all the pictures, but I'm sure you'll figure out what the pictures are of!



















No comments:

Post a Comment