Monday, November 26, 2012

A few days late

Sorry for being MIA again.  I called out sick Friday night from work and spent the rest of the weekend at the Thomas'. Friday we celebrated Christmas since it'll be at the in-laws this year. Matt, Stephanie, and I picked out a tree and picked up the steaks for the "Christmas feast". We got the tree home safe and sound and then we had light disaster from there on out! Matt has convinced me to throw out my lights with the tree every year, and I used to think it was a waste of money, until now! At some point every strand of lights we put on the tree went out...Stephanie ended up exchanging fuses and adding extension cords to get it to work. The night was fun and the kids spread their excitement over opening gifts so early. I got a stocking full of goodies, a blender, and a running shirt (that I immediately tried out the next morning...and loved it!)

Saturday I packed the dogs back up and Matt picked us up so I wouldn't have to drive back and forth again. I spent the night there since there were fewer people staying the night. We all watched the UGA vs GT game at noon and then Margaret, Chris and the kids left shortly after, followed by Brandi and Miley. It ended up being Matt and I, Hal and Steph, Megan and Scott, and their parents watching the USC vs Clemson game together..and boy were they touchy throughout the entire game! I was exhausted and fell asleep for a quarter or so :)

Sunday morning we got up super early in order to drive Macie back to my apartment before church so we wouldn't have to go back and pick her up. After church we had lunch at Atlanta Bread Company and then hit up Cold Stone for the first time in forever! It was sooooo good, and we got a pint to-go also! Then we picked out a Christmas tree with rapid speed in order to get back home for the Falcons game. We ended up relaxing, decorating the tree, and watching football for the rest of the night. It was so, so nice to have some quality time together.

Today, or technically it's yesterday now, I slept in until 8:15 and then proceeded to clean my apartment all day...and decorate for Christmas :)

Now I'm at work, counting down the hours until I can be home in bed!

Day 23- thankful I can (and did) call out sick from work

Day 24- thankful for Saturday college football...and margaritas

Day 25- thankful for ice cream and Christmas trees

Day 26- thankful Matt cleaned out my sink and bathtub (my two least favorite things to clean!)









No comments:

Post a Comment