Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today has been a great, whirlwind kind of day! Since I worked last night, I came home quickly as possible and took a 1 1/2 hour nap, thanks to Matt. He stayed at my apartment last night with Cooper and Macie and he made me lay down on the couch and rest right when I got home. After my quick nap I jumped in the shower and then we got to work making the mac & cheese for lunch. We loaded up the presents, food, and dogs and were on the road by 11. Lunch was fun! There were 19 people at the house, 5 of those being kids under the age of 4, so needless to say it was nuts! 

Since Thanksgiving was at the Thomas' this year, Christmas will be at the in-laws, so tomorrow we'll be celebrating Christmas with everyone. There's a big group going to N Augusta in the morning for paw paw's 83rd birthday and the rest of us are picking out a Christmas tree and decorating the house. The traveling crowd should be back in the late afternoon and we're making their traditional Christmas dinner of steaks (chicken for Megan and I), potatoes, and bread. Then we'll exchange gifts; this is the main reason most of my Christmas shopping is done so early! I'm still waiting for mom and Caylee's order to get here, I have one more little thing to get for McKenzie, and dad has to pick out his gift next week. Then it's just stocking stuffers here on out!!

I definitely missed my own family today and am grateful they're understanding of my job situation, as well as the traveling. We're going home next weekend and I'm super pumped about it!!

Day 22- thankful for my family, Matt's family, Macie, and most of all, our sweet Lord's amazing sacrifice of sending His son to live amongst we sinners and die on the cross for us, giving us eternal life for all those who believe in Him. What an amazing gift!!!

Don't go too crazy tomorrow, Black Friday shoppers!
And yes, I know I look like a hot mess in the below photos- but I did go 37 hours with only a short nap, so give me a break!!






No comments:

Post a Comment