Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Orphanos

I realized on my way home this morning that during all my ranting in my last post, I totally forgot to do my thankful for. I'm terrible. Oh and the meaning behind the picture, which you might've already guessed, was a picture of Thanksgiving 2010 I believe. I'm pretty sure I've had to work the past 4 thanksgivings, but usually the night before so I could still make it home to see my family. This year is a little different since I work the night after Thanksgiving, so Matt and I are going home the weekend after instead.

Tonight is proving to be much better than last night, thank goodness! There was another wreck on the bridge coming in tonight, on top of night time road work...so I was later than my "normal" time, but not as late as last night! I also got to see our friends Kevin, and Gail (Daniel's parents) tonight while they were visiting a friends baby! Always good to see them :)

Day 20: thankful for an able car to get my rear to and from work and everywhere in between (also thankful that it's fully paid off, a year early!)

Day 21: thankful for the opportunity (and funds) to sponsor a child through Orphanos. We went there this past March with Kevin and Gail to work at the clinic at the orphanage. It was an eye opening experience and we walked away with a child :) Hopefully we'll be going back there this year at some point!!


No comments:

Post a Comment