Saturday, November 10, 2012

Kayaking

Yup, I missed a day. Yesterday morning I got up bright and early and went for a chilly 3 mile run before heading to work at the peds office for the day. The day went very smoothly since we also had a medical student working with us who was kinda willing to do anything, including the dirty work. After work I ran home, packed up quickly, and headed to Matt's parents house for the evening to hang out with Matt. I thought I'd be able to post on the blog before I went to bed, but the internet wasn't working with me, so it was a no go. Yesterday (day 9) I was thankful for the flu shot and all other vaccinations.

This morning I was awoken before 7am by Matt and Macie busting into my room. We had breakfast and then set out to explore the causeway in our kayaks. This time we decided to paddle as far up river as we wanted, then float leisurely back down. Well, in order to explore the causeway paddling is still pretty involved. So my arms might be sore in the morning, especially since my left one was aleady sore from getting my flu shot yesterday! It was fun though and not nearly as cold as I had anticipated it being. Next time I think we're going to put our kayaks in at the boat dock; I don't think the current is as strong in that area.

I'm at work for now, and I have a feeling it's going to be an awfully long night! I attempted to nap during the SC game, but kept waking up since I was trying to nap on Matt and somehow ended up leaning on his dad. And I was drooling.
My babies seem to be pretty chill for the time being, so hopefully it remains that way. I have a new book I'm reading and I want to concentrate on it.

Day 10- thankful for phones. I hadn't spoken with my sister since the wedding and it was nice to catch up and hear about everything on my way into work. It also helps keep me up when I'm really tired in the mornings.

Enjoy the following pictures from this mornings adventure :)









No comments:

Post a Comment