Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving eve blues


Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I totally meant to post yesterday, but technically "yesterday" is still my "today" since I haven't gone to bed yet...oh the minds of a night shifter.

Today started off bright and early with me turning off my alarm in favor of an extra hour of sleep. Macie was not pleased...she'll sleep all night long, but once the alarm goes off she is relentless about wanting me to get up! So anyway, then I went to work until about 12:30, came home and took Macie, made lunch for myself, cooked my dinners for work the next two nights, and attempted a nap on the couch. I slept ok for about 45 minutes, then Macie was a booger about really wanting me to get up. So I eventually got up, took her on another walk and then did a quick 3-mile run. Matt came over around 5:15 to pick her up and hang out with me for a few minutes before heading our separate ways.

Getting to work- total disaster. All was well until I got on the road to the Savannah bridge (the one that connects SC to GA) and traffic just stopped. A kind soul stopped and let me know that they were turning everyone around on the bridge, so I went ahead and made a call to Matt so I could figure out a detour. Turns out, the detour was also shut down. Needless to say I was 20 minutes late to work and wasn't quite in the mood to start a 12 hour shift with screaming babies...which is how this night has been going. I get one quiet, the other one screams; I'm cleaning up orders from the previous nurse and everything is so screwy. Slightly over tonight and not doing so well with being positive right now. So, hopefully I'll get some good rest today and have a little bit better of a night tomorrow.

And it doesn't help that "today" (Wednesday) is most peoples Fridays...and I'll still be working away come Thanksgiving day morning. The life of a nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment